Grab your bestie and get fit together with this super effective workout. It proves that exercising can be better with a friend, plus it’s double the fun!
Partner workouts are the perfect solution to spruce up your fitness routine, challenge your body, and get in shape at the same time. Having someone keep you accountable not only develops consistency, but it also drives your fitness level to a higher standard.
Performing partner exercises provides extra resistance, increases stamina, and develops coordination skills by making traditional exercises more challenging. For example, one partner may move more quickly, have more strength or balance skills, or is more coordinated than the other. With this being said, working together allows you to adapt to each other’s strength skills to improve.
Partner workouts are a great way to boost your intensity level and test your fitness abilities.
16 BENEFITS OF PARTNER WORKOUTS
There are many benefits to working out with a friend, significant other, or teammate that can motivate you on many levels. Some benefits include:
1. Sharing a common interest
2. Achieving a common goal
3. Time well spent with some you care about
4. Encouragement to achieve your best
5. Strong support system
6. Creates sweaty memories
7. Keeps a workout fresh and fun
8. Encourages a positive feed off your partners energy
9. Challenges coordination, core control, and balance
10. Game-like exercises
11. Time passes quickly
12. It’s a social hangout to accomplish a common goal
13. Work in coordination with your partners pace
14. Variety of partner exercises to challenge cardio, strength, & flexibility
15. A workout buddy keeps you reliable
16. Strengthens your muscles, your heart, and your relationship
PARTNER POWER WORKOUT ON THE TOTAL GYM
For the love of movement and for ‘healthy heart’ month, I encourage you to pair up for this fun partner sweat session. It’s all about having fun and sharing the workout love with your buddy on the Total Gym.
The exercise drills are multi-functional movements that challenge strength, cardio, coordination and core balance. Learn the following exercises, partner up, and have a blast on your Total Gym.
• Total Gym & Pull Up Bars
• Options: (1)Weighted ball, (2) ball-like object that can be tossed to your partner (3) mimic the drills without a ball
• Your lovely partner
• Perform the workout in circuit interval style; one exercise after the other without a break.
• Each partner will perform both parts A & B of the exercise before moving onto the next move.
• Do 10 reps / exercise or drill
• Repeat the partner circuit 2 or more times through
• End your session with the partner stretches
Squat & Pass
Squat, Toss, & Rotate
PARTNER UP WORKOUT
Medium-High Incline & Attach Pull Up Bars
A. Pull Ups
B. Plank Shoulder Taps & Alternating Leg Lifts
A. Leg Lowers
B. Push Legs Down (could add a jump for increased intensity)
A. Torso Toss
B. Lateral Lunge, Catch, & Leap
Double Plank Slide – perform together on 1 side first for 10 reps A. Side plank (rotate towards partner) B. Single arm press away *Alternate this movement together in coordination
(connect cables) Punch & Follow – Challenge your partners strength angles A. Punch or Chest Fly the arms to follow your partners hands B. Static Squat Hold & move hands to different positions; low, medium, high … end with
– alternate cable punches to hand target A. Alternate punches keeping the glide board still B. Alternate punches with palms of hand as a target for partner to punch to
Shoulders, Back, & Torso Stretch
Cross arms and hold partners opposite hand. Simultaneously pull the arms and lean back to feel the stretch. Slowly move from side to side to feel the stretch where you need it most. Use your partners resistance to counterbalance evenly.
Chest & Shoulder Opener
Both partners extend the same arm and turn away from each other to feel the stretch in the chest, shoulder, and torso. Do this stretch on both sides.
Balanced Figure 4 Stretch
Face your partner and grasp onto each other’s wrists. Find the balance and bring the same leg into a figure 4 position by sitting into the stretch. Do this stretch on both sides.
*Check out the video to see how these partner exercises are performed on your Total Gym.
So, grab your buddy and partner up for this fun Total Gym workout!
Much love to you this heart month,
Maria www.groovysweatstore.com @Groovysweat